Sunday 20 November 2022

Inspiration Has Landed

 Well, we have a name for the madness that I am about to embark upon, thanks to Paul of the Mancave. 

The Frenetic Festive Frenzy of Finishing Forces (or 5F) has the alliteration that I find both Frivolous and Fulfilling.

5F kicks off on December 1 which traditionally in my house is also the beginning of Hawaiian shirt season. This year I designate December 1 as Hawaiian Hobby Day. The celebration of which consists of wearing a Hawaiian shirt, doing some hobby and perhaps eating some pineapple. But not on a pizza because that is weird.


I received some inspiration in the post this week in a copy of Lion Rampant 2nd Edition. I am a great fan of 1st edition and was very keen to get this new version. Thankfully not much has changed in the rules, just some clarifications made. Mancave Paul and Dux Homunculorum are keen for me to join them in building War of the Roses forces utilising LR. I am going to with the twist of my force being entirely made up of halflings and hobbits. Proud rose gardeners, when they heard that someone was having a rose war, they were super keen to get involved.

Obligatory gotcha photo

All I have to do now is dig through the lead mountain and find those unfinished projects. That shouldn't be difficult, in fact, it will be quite fun.


1 comment:

Paul O'G said...

Brilliant! BTW The Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada, and Hawaiians also think it is weird